- All SONAC citrus farms are EurepGap certified by SGS.
- In the south of the Mediterranean, one of the big spots of citrus production in the world; there is Egypt.
- In Egypt, SONAC located its Orchards in the most suitable and productive areas like Wadi EL Molak & Salheya (east of the Nile Delta).
- Where the shining sun and moderate weather forms a vinous nature for Egyptian citrus.
- Our area is 4000 Fdns. cultivated with (Navel, Sweet, Valencia, Baladi and Lemons).
- In our farms we follow the latest techniques in cultivation, irrigation, treatment bearing in mind all good agriculture practice.
- We operate with a very good tractability coded system.
- It's all in a simple label on every carton SONAC delivers.
- SONAC is reclaiming at the moment new lands with new varieties (citrus & easy peelers).
- We always keep our eyes on the latest regulations in our clients' markets.
- SONAC now operates three packing lines in the company's complex near Alexandria for selecting, waxing, sizing and packing citrus fruits with a total capacity of 100 tons/hr combined.
- Thanks to the Spanish and Italian technique in our packing lines, ensuring for every single Orange a delicate and soft handling till it's loaded.
- SONAC installed the latest automatic palletizes in every packing line and self glue cartons machines for automatic forming of machines.
- A full maintenance plan is designed for every packing line separately, EU experts are involved and updating year after year with their latest innovation in the industry.
- Being a market driven company, SONAC installed its first two degreening rooms in 2002, now after its success, we have four degreening rooms in our packing houses.
- We carefully adapted all our operations to fully comply and to keep our environment, along with a hygiene plan that is strictly followed by all company's management and labors.
The Citrus specification such as Brix, Acidity, Ratio and Juice for Varieties Note - Brix is defined as the total solids saluted in the liquid. Vitamin C mg is defined as vitamin C mg per 100 milliliter of juice.
|Determination||Month||Brix||Acidity||juice||Vitamin. C mg / 100 ml of Juice||Ratio|
Container Capacities of Citrus Cartons for 20" & 40" Reefers:
|Carton net weight||40"||20"|
|15 kgs (telescopic)||1600||1700||800||850|
|15 kgs (opentop)||1300||N/A||650||N/A|
All citrus fruits produced by SONAC are washed, waxed, treated and 50% wrapped.
|Weight of Carton||7 Kg||8 Kg||15 Kg||20 Kg|
|Counts per Carton||80||90||162||---|